Every business uses computers and associated software technology. These days you just can’t get around it. A business may not realize how dependent they are on computers, but these technologies are used to control and help manage many of their business processes.
Lots of businesses do understand how to use these tools, but not necessarily how to:
- Build a new marketing/business website
- Customize current tools already being used
- Integrate with other in-house applications
- Promote their websites – SEO
- Communicate with software vendors and developers
Durango Consulting Group can help a small business understand these custom processes, and implement software tools that best fit these needs. And, by bringing business processes “online”, access to this information and processes can be given to both internal employees and external customers.
With the current internet and web-based tools available, web sites can offer more than a marketing presence, and begin to provide complete solutions and integration into many of the customer’s in-house tools.
If you’re building a new website, you are more than likely going to use a CMS (Content Management System), which will provide you with a complete platform for building out the entire site. This would most likely include:
- Building out pages and text content
- Uploading and managing your images (media gallery)
- including other plugins (interface to Mailchimp, eCommerce, other social media).
Possible and popular tools to choose from might be:
Some of these tools are fully hosted (Software as a Service), while others MIGHT take a bit of your time to set up and install.
Once you have your platform, it’s a matter of digging in and building out your look/feel/branding, your content, uploading images, and deciding on which 3rd party tools you need on your site.
Once you have your site, there are plenty of additional features that can be incorporated into your site:
- capture leads (emails for use in email campaigns)
- roll out training (LMS)
- build out custom business data
- setup a members ONLY subscription
Lots of possibilities once you begin the process, and we’d love to help you grow your online presence, and offer more to YOUR customers.
See a list of some of my most used WordPress Plugins